PDA

View Full Version : Foliage in NH

Todd Levine
02-15-2010, 11:33 PM
This picture was taken during one of the few sunny days this year during fall foliage in the White Mountains in NH. All comments welcome.
Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Date/Time: 2009:10:08 15:44:27
Shutter speed: 1.3 sec
Aperture: 22
Exposure mode: Manual
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 50
Focal length: 35mm

Kobus Tollig
02-16-2010, 04:22 AM
Nice one here well done. Im not a big fan of sq crops but thats taste. I would just add some contrast here

Dave Mills
02-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Hi Todd, Looks like you were at the WM during peak with great color. I like your angle but would wish for a little more room on the right. You mentioned sunny but the image looks like it was shot in overcast lighting which is actually the best time to shoot something like this.
The color is beautiful but intense. Was wondering about a slight pull back in saturation.

Todd Levine
02-16-2010, 11:07 AM
It was actaully overcast with very brief sunshine. This year the weather was very rainy, hard to get out and photograph good color. I prefer the sunrise and sunset to get that great catch light. I agree that overcast during the day gives you the most time to shoot, it was just very bad weather this year with great colors. Thanks for the comments.

Roman Kurywczak
02-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi Todd,
I'm with Kobus on adding contrast.....may want to try adding black in selective color to the neutrals or black channel or even both for the final punch.