PDA

View Full Version : North Woods Trail

Mike Landwehr
02-15-2010, 09:50 PM
I never know how to categorize this type of image--it seems too modified to categorize as a regular landscape, and not modified enough to categorize as creative, or altered reality, or "Out of the Box". It's an early-morning shot of a woodland trail near Thornton Lake near Munising, Michigan, modified with a number of standard PS filters, plus the "buzz" plug-in, to give it something of a painterly look.

1D Mark II N
Canon 28-135 @ 44mm
4 sec at f/16
ISO 200

Fabs Forns
02-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Mike, I think it would be a landscape IMO. What you did to it was give it a neat painterly effect, very subtle and attractive, making it a treat to the eyes. Saturation is just right.

It was nice seeing you in the field!

denise ippolito
02-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Mike, I like the effect from the Buzz filter and it's just the right amount. I like the composition and the way the trees are highlighted.:)

Christopher Miller
02-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Beautiful colors, Mike, and the painterly effect is just right. I like how the path leads right into the scene.

Julie Brown
02-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Mike, this is a very pleasing image. Very nice comp, colors, textures, and lighting.:)

Cindy Mead
02-17-2010, 10:15 PM
I really like this Mike, the buzz filter really shines with leaves/foilage scenes. Beautifully composed and your post processing worked magic :)

Arthur Morris
02-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Hey Mike, Great to see you the other day. You have done a loverly job with the buzz filter. I love the basic image design, the soft light, and the painterly look of the downed leaves and the foliage. Well done.

The only things that bug me a bit are the downed sections of birch trunk; I believe that they keep the viewer's eye from traveling down the path.

Harshad Barve
02-21-2010, 11:49 PM
This is such a sublime image , lovely basic image and awesome treatment
TFS