PDA

View Full Version : Double Rainbow - Isle of Skye

Dan Wolin
02-15-2010, 09:31 AM
On of my favorite things about Scotland is the light - the rain will come and go and leave amazing light along with rainbows that are constantly changing. As we were driving along this valley it was pouring rain and all of the sudden it cleared up and we got this nice double rainbow. We quickly stopped and got some photos before it disappeared. I cloned out a telephone line on the left side.

MkIII, 24-70 2.8, iso200, f7.1

Nick Palmieri
02-15-2010, 10:07 AM
What a great capture! Can't comment much on an image of a double rainbow.

Dave Mills
02-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Hi Dan, Nice light with the good fortune of seeing this double rainbow. I love how it frames the mountain so nicely. I would have liked to have seen the road in a bit more towards the right rather than on the edge of the frame. You would of had to move a bit more to the left. Otherwise well handled..

Ed Cordes
02-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Beautioful. The double rainbow is special and the way it frames themountain is perfect. The color under the bottom rainbow is also very interesting.

Morkel Erasmus
02-15-2010, 04:43 PM
it's almost as if it creates a 'window' through which we can see the beauty of the valley and mountain. surreal. wonderful. I need to get to Scotland one day - if only to stand on a mountaintop like William Wallace and look out over the highlands and lochs :)

Dan Wolin
02-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the comments. Morkel, Scotland is an amazing place and I would recommend a visit.

Kobus Tollig
02-16-2010, 04:23 AM
Ditto all Dave said here

Robert Amoruso
02-16-2010, 11:14 AM
The fact that it frames and mimics the mountain so well makes this excellent - plus two rainbows. The FG appears OOF. Is it sharpening or lack of DOF. A smaller aperture would have yield better DOF.

Roman Kurywczak
02-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Very nicely composed Dan. I agree that the rainbows mimic the mountain nicely. I do agree about the road and sharpness....although it can be from the comression also. When possible I find it helps to go for more DOF. All in all nicely done!