PDA

View Full Version : Pink Cyclamen

Anita Bower
02-15-2010, 06:45 AM
Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, f16, 1/2 sec., ISO 125, tripod, indoors, natural light, manual exposure, manual focus (live view). RAW conversion Elements 7, PP PS7--basic adjustments.

Julie Brown
02-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Another beauty in the cyclamen series, Anita!:D That live view is really helpful, isn't it? Except that it drains the battery quickly. Do you have an AC power adaptor for your camera? That is what I use when I'm using live view close to a power outlet.

Anita Bower
02-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Another beauty in the cyclamen series, Anita!:D That live view is really helpful, isn't it? Except that it drains the battery quickly. Do you have an AC power adaptor for your camera? That is what I use when I'm using live view close to a power outlet.

Thanks! I love live view--extremely helpful as my eyesogjt is not 20/20. I have never had my battery run out and I don't use an AC power adaptor. The maximum amount of time I shoot using live view is usually 2 1/2 hours. How long does you battery last? :)

Julie Brown
02-15-2010, 10:34 AM
I don't think they last that long, but it could be my original battery from my 20D. Mostly I have used live view for things like capturing a caterpillar eating, or molting. I have purchased a couple of backup batteries, but I will need to test them before my workshop in March. I plan on using live view more often, since my eyes are going too!:)

Julie Kenward
02-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Oh so lovely, Anita! If it were mine (and I'd love to say it was!) I might take a shaving off the left side and put it on the right just to further emphasize the lovely curve of the stem. Perfect pinks...makes me want to have a piece of peppermint candy!

There's a teeny tiny piece of something at the bottom/base of the center - might clean that up as well unless you think it's important to the integrity of the plant.

I'm going to have to try live view! My eyes are starting to hit "old age" as well. :(

Peter Farrell
02-16-2010, 06:54 AM
Very nice, Anita. The pinks look perfect. Simple beauty.
I have the Sigma 105 macro also and just love it.

Anita Bower
02-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Thank you all! I have made the change suggested by Jules. I also took the pink out of the BG. :)

Vida van der Walt
02-17-2010, 04:01 AM
Beautiful image Anita. Love the soft, dreamy feel to this. Great colours and a nice comp ( I think what Jules suggested would also look great).:)

Adrian David
02-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Beautiful flower. I love that pink!!!:)

Mike Moats
02-17-2010, 05:55 PM
Hey Anita, I always see these flowers at the florist and they never interest me as I think they are pretty boring looking flowers, but your series and changed my mind on that. You have done a really nice job on the comps and the processing.:)

Anita Bower
02-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Thank you all for your supportive comments. I resorted to doing a series of photos of Cyclamen (more are on my blog http://anitabower.aminus3.com because they were about the only flowers I grow in winter. :)