PDA

View Full Version : Anhinga

Troy Lim
02-14-2010, 10:20 PM
They just make me laugh every time they land. It is more falling than landing.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4349679907_4b95f78ae5_o.jpg

Camera: Nikon D700
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1600)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 500 mm
ISO Speed: 450
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: No Flash

Juan Carlos Vindas
02-14-2010, 11:20 PM
I think it is the first time that I see a picture of flying anhinga in this forum! I like the light, eye contact and smooth BG. Spreaded wings are fine but some blacks a blocked, may be some fill flash could have helped?
A nice image anyhow.

Troy Lim
02-14-2010, 11:23 PM
I think it is the first time that I see a picture of flying anhinga in this forum! I like the light, eye contact and smooth BG. Spreaded wings are fine but some blacks a blocked, may be some fill flash could have helped?
A nice image anyhow.

Thank you Juan. I don't have the proper setup for flash yet. That day was cloudy, with sun going in and out. I hope to do better.

Don Lacy
02-15-2010, 01:00 AM
really nice wing position and angle of the Ahinga as he is coming in for his landing. while fill flash would have helped on the blacks i don't think they detract to much from the image given it's other strong points.

Troy Lim
02-15-2010, 07:17 AM
really nice wing position and angle of the Ahinga as he is coming in for his landing. while fill flash would have helped on the blacks i don't think they detract to much from the image given it's other strong points.

Don, so if I use fill flash, I should shoot iTTL with better beamer?

Marina Scarr
02-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Troy, I think you did a fabulous job with this anhinga in flight. You achieved some wonderful movement with the wings and the pose and green BG are outstanding. I would have liked to see a little less space on the right and a little more no the left, if you have it...so that the bird will be flying into the left side of the frame. The head looks as though it could use a tad of sharpening. This is one to be proud of.

Troy Lim
02-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Troy, I think you did a fabulous job with this anhinga in flight. You achieved some wonderful movement with the wings and the pose and green BG are outstanding. I would have liked to see a little less space on the right and a little more no the left, if you have it...so that the bird will be flying into the left side of the frame. The head looks as though it could use a tad of sharpening. This is one to be proud of.

Marina,
I agree, crop a bit of left. Thank you. I will do better next time.