PDA

View Full Version : Daisy Fade

Julie Kenward
02-14-2010, 08:55 PM
I've been working on some images from my $5.00 bouquet of daisies that I purchased at the grocery store last weekend. On this one I got up close - I'm pretty sure I had at least one extension tube on. I then lowered the saturation on the BG (wall) and FG (center of daisy) colors until everything was a soft, pastel.

Canon 40D, EF 100mm f/2.8 macro & Kenko extension tubes
f3.5 @ 1/50th, ISO 500
Manual mode, cloudy WB, pattern metering
Natural light on an overcast day, handheld, no flash
Processed in ACR & CS4; levels adjustment, small crop, noise reduction, lowered saturation

Jackie Schuknecht
02-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Sublime colours and beautiful soft texture on the petals. I wonder about just a crop from the left to cut off more of the petal right on the edge. Just my perception though. Nice soft feel to the image Jules.

Julie Kenward
02-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Jackie, I thought about that same crop...I'll have to go back and revisit it. Thanks!

Markus Jais
02-15-2010, 02:56 PM
I like the composition and the narrow DOF.
I think something like this might look even better with pink or blue flowers.

Markus

Charles Wesley
02-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Jules,

I like the effect here. Nice and soft feeling to the whites.
Thanks for sharing...

Peter Farrell
02-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Beautiful. I love the softness of it, looks like a painting.
I think I agree with the additional crop on the left to match the crop on top.

Allen Sparks
02-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Wonderful whites. I was thinking about a crop that would leave the petal in the LRC fully visible.

Anita Bower
02-16-2010, 04:06 PM
White on white. Lovely. I like the diagonal lines, the simplicity of shapes and tones. The crop is OK with me. I like the softness. There is a greenish cast to it, which is ok, but I wonder how it would look with a little less green.

I think you have now spent $15 on flowers, and we are the lucky beneficiaries!!:)

Vida van der Walt
02-17-2010, 04:12 AM
This is beautiful Jules. Wonderful white on white image and I love the soft, dreamy feel. I also like the warm, creamy whites in this. I would also maybe remove a tiny bit from the left to get rid of the slightly darker spot where the petal touches the frame.:)

Adrian David
02-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Delicate and dreamy photo! Well done!