AV Mode/ Eval
f11
+1 1/3
100mm
ISO 400 Full Frame, not cropped
Comments Appreciated.

Julie Brown
02-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Jackie, I love the detail and color on the anthers and the pistil. I also like the white petals against the green BG, but my eyes seem to be drawn away from the top anthers by that corner of green.

kostas nianiopoulos
02-14-2010, 07:06 PM
i was about to say few words but Julie above was faster than me , and said the words i wanted to say .. everything is sharp and nicely done , one more great image from lady Jackie .. well done .

Julie Kenward
02-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Jackie, I had to download your image and turn it right side up because for some reason my mind can't handle unconventional angles. Go figure. Once I did I saw so much that I liked about it - the separation between the stamen and pistols...the sharpness and clarity of them. What I didn't like so much was that green area at the top/side and here's why: Normally, it wouldn't bother me to see that bit of green up there but the colors of the stamen and pistol are so vibrant and the green is rather drab - to my eye it brings the image down a notch. I colored in the green area with white just to see what it looked like - didn't try to do anything fancy other than to get the green out - and this is what I got. Is it better? That's for you to say...it's your image and your art. For me, it really sets off the most important part of this image and that's the center stamen and pistol.

Jackie Schuknecht
02-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the comments Julie and Kostas. Jules I got this from the florist and just shot it as it was. I will have to pay more attention to their growth pattern. Thanks for the rework and I do agree the green is distracting, should have shot it white on white.

Anita Bower
02-16-2010, 04:02 PM
I prefer it without the green. Beautiful separation between the anther and pistil, and gorgeous colors and lines. I'm thinking it might look nice with the pistils and stamens coming from the lower right corner and moving diagonally up into the frame. Thanks for sharing. :)