PDA

View Full Version : Scared

Chirskincaid
02-22-2008, 04:03 PM
This is embarrasing but...here we go. I recently got a Nikon D-40X and then about a week later dropped it in the dirt. I am literally still having nightmares about it... Anyway, it appears unhurt and still performs like it should, however, I have recently noticed dust bunnies... (I guess-either way-spots on some of my photos.) I am wondering if the dust could have come from the shock, or possibly more likely that I am dealing with something ordinary and common...(Ie. dust from changing lenses etc.) Again the camera is still operating correctly to my knowledge and taking clear photos, although i am a beginner. What do you all think?

Jim Poor
02-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Some dirt may have entered the camera when you dropped it, or hung around the opening waiting for a chance to creep in, Or it could just be the usual. I'd just clean it and see how it goes before panicking too much.

George DeCamp
02-22-2008, 04:48 PM
When you dropped the camera it may have caused some dust particles to break loose from wherever they were and land on the sensor OR it may be that it was just your time to get them anyway. Not a problem if that is what happened though, just give it a clean and you will be back to normal.

Chirskincaid
02-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the encouragement...I figured when it happened that the camera would be ruined. I guess Im not the first one to do this. Although, I guess few might admit it. :) I will look into cleaning it. Lenspen? Ive heard people talking about this?

Thanks so much. I will post a photo for critique soon.