PDA

View Full Version : Ranier Path

Jay R. Seltzer
02-22-2008, 03:24 PM
This scene was imaged a few years ago and I recently tried Photomatix to create a pseudo HDR image. Better than the original which was exposed correctly for the mountain but not the rest of the scene.

August '04 at Mount Rainier Park early afternoon.

10D 24mm for 1/180sec at f6.7 ISO100 handheld

...Jay

Alfred Forns
02-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Jay if you have the other you can post as a reply Would be interesting I love the feel Might suggest cropping some from the top for proportion I like how the road works it way between the trees and leads to the white cap mountain !!! Excellent !!!

Bret Edge
02-22-2008, 05:12 PM
A slight crop off the top and this is a real winner. I love the vibrant greens and how the clouds encircle Rainier. This is one of my favorite places on earth and you've done it justice.

Jay R. Seltzer
02-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the comments. I agree...I'll try the crop off the top

Here's the original image before exposure adjustment and "pseudo-HDR"... clearly underexposed ...but even with exp adj the FG and other features were not as they looked in real life. Looks more like I recall after Photomatix mods

Jay

Robert Amoruso
02-22-2008, 08:44 PM
The original version using the pseudo-HDR Method worked well. I to like the road, it is well placed in the image.

Jay R. Seltzer
02-24-2008, 10:06 AM
You were right! I think taking the top off yielded a more pleasing dimension. Thanks...