PDA

View Full Version : Bold and Beautiful

Harshad Barve
02-14-2010, 06:54 AM
Dear all
Made this with first rays of sun in Bandhavgarh NP , This is female cub from current litter of Mirchaini Female. Just as bold & beautiful as her mother. They are rocking the Bandhavgarh NP and attracting lot of visitors across the globe. Wait till summer and waterholes in Andhiyari Jhiria area will be a buzzing place.

7D, 300f4 at MFD at F6.3, 1/160 , ISO 800 , benbag
All C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Morkel Erasmus
02-14-2010, 07:21 AM
another stunning cub image bhai - like the gaze and colour. is this a large crop? tiger seems a bit noisy...

Stu Bowie
02-14-2010, 07:24 AM
Harshadbhai, great looking female cub, and she's pretty large. I like the intense stare, good eye contact, and you have captured good detail. I would maybe take a little off the bottom, and a little more off the top. Something like this.

Steve Kaluski
02-14-2010, 07:26 AM
Harshad, like the colours & pose, might go for a 'pano' crop just to emphasis things? Agree with Morkel about the noise, is it similar to my email to you re previous posting?

Now regretting not coming out:(

Steve;)

Steve Kaluski
02-14-2010, 07:27 AM
Stuart you beat me too it. Fingers are not quick enough these days:D

Steve;)

Harshad Barve
02-14-2010, 07:36 AM
NOt a big crop nearly 65% of FF but may be earlier days with 7D ,
Stuartbhai , Thanks a ton for RP, much appreciated

Ken Watkins
02-14-2010, 07:44 AM
Beautiful looking cub, you are so lucky to be living "near" to these wonderful creatures.

My only nit would be the OOF rocks, but I do not encourage standing up in vehicles:)

Morkel Erasmus
02-14-2010, 07:47 AM
repost works very well
Ken - did you have a bad experience?? ;) they say you break the animal's "horizon line" when getting up or putting your head through the sunroof - and it either scares them off or makes a predator interested in you...

Harshad Barve
02-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Ken - did you have a bad experience?? ;) they say you break the animal's "horizon line" when getting up or putting your head through the sunroof - and it either scares them off or makes a predator interested in you...

We have complete OPEN vehicles for safari in park :D:D,

Morkel Erasmus
02-14-2010, 08:10 AM
I know bhai - at many lodges here too - the point I tried to make is that when you stand up on the open vehicle (or stick your head through the sunroof of a closed one) you attract unwanted attention to yourself from the animals :)

Harshad Barve
02-14-2010, 08:15 AM
I know bhai - at many lodges here too - the point I tried to make is that when you stand up on the open vehicle (or stick your head through the sunroof of a closed one) you attract unwanted attention to yourself from the animals :)

Ouch , Sorry for misreading your earlier quote but English is foregin langauge for me

Morkel Erasmus
02-14-2010, 08:21 AM
no problems. English is actually my second language too :)
I should hope your vehicles are open when you were swinging that 600mm around previously ;)

David Fletcher
02-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Fine shot Harshadbhai. Like the way the cub pops from the surroundings. Understanding it's early days with the 7D, I looked at your histogram and you probably could have opened up 2/3 of a stop before clipping which may have helped noise in the darker areas like the fur. (there is clipping on the blacks). :)

Nate Chappell
02-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Beautiful lighting and detail here Harshad, I could go either way on the crop.:cool:

arash_hazeghi
02-15-2010, 03:51 AM
Hi Harshad,
Very nice eye contact, nice environment too but the oof FG is a bit distracting and noise is hurting IQ.

Steve Canuel
02-15-2010, 11:22 PM
I like the colors and alert pose here Harshad. I like Stuart's suggested crop, it puts more focus on the cub.

Todd Frost
02-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Excellent image Harshad! Prefer the original post, noise can likely be tamed a little. Your tiger images are giving me thoughts of a trip on day, sooner than later. TFS
Todd

Santosh Tigga Saligram
02-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Wow! Hadn't seen this, Harshad Bhai! The composition is marvellous and the expression, adorable! Loved this!