PDA

View Full Version : Permission problem on site

James Littlejohn
02-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Sorry for posting in this section. I wanted to post in 'BPN Forum Resource, Tips and Tricks and Questions' but when I click the new thread link, it says I don't have permission to start a new thread.

Anyway, that's the problem. There seems to be a general permission issue. When I click a user's ID (including my own) and choose 'View public profile', I get the following message:

"You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

A couple of days ago, I sent a message about this problem via the 'Contact Us' link, but haven't heard back.

Can't post in in the questions forum, no response from 'contact us'. No where else to inquire it seems.

How do I get my access working correctly?

Thanks

Roger Clark
02-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Some permissions had to be tightened because of spammers. Spammers were also trying to get PM info and send spam to people as PMs. The moderators group is aware of the problem and will work on a solution.

Roger

Marina Scarr
02-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Try deleting all of your cookies, and you will probably be able to get in. Go go control panel, internet options and then delete browser history and cookies. Then try getting in again. It worked for a friend of mine last night. I find that I Have to do it every once in a while.

Pam Handyside
02-14-2010, 09:53 PM
I am new to BPN and am having a similar problem. I am trying to access the Members List but keep getting the same 'error' message. I have accessed the Members List previously, but cannot do so now. Tried the cookies and browser history delete but still does not work.
Should I be able to access the Members List?

Tony Whitehead
02-14-2010, 11:00 PM
See Roger's post above. Spammers were using access to the members list to send spam via PM so access is currently only available to members while other options are explored to prevent abuse. You may want to consider the small cost of membership as there are other benefits too.

Tony Whitehead
02-16-2010, 02:20 AM
A new spam blocking filter has been activated and permissions should be restored to participants now.