PDA

View Full Version : Whimsy

Cindy Mead
02-13-2010, 03:37 PM
sorry am a bit behind on commenting/participating here, it's been 'one of those weeks'. For this image, I used a base photo of a Baltimore Oriole that was perched on a stick.. added a flood filter, then applied an image of waterlily pads as an overlay..erased the oriole/stick via a layer mask, then added an image of a bluet damselfly via a mask.. then added a couple of texture overlays. I think that's about it ;)

hope everyone is having a great weekend, and thanks for leaving your suggestions and comments :)

Julie Brown
02-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Hi Cindy. I like this, it is very creative.

Paul Lagasi
02-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Nice job on this Cindy, all the components fit together nicely...only thing I'd do if it were mine is work a bit on the end of the Oriole perch.

denise ippolito
02-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Cindy, This is a very nice soft whimsical look. I like the BG leaves and the drop. Nicely done.:)

Jackie Schuknecht
02-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Cindy I like the mood in this one. Has a fun feeling to it. Maybe just a smoother transition at the end of the branch. Nice elements you have selected here.

Julie Kenward
02-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Beautiful image and very creative! I also would finish off the end of the perch making it stop cleanly or go all the way into the water. The way he is angled to look at the dragonfly is perfection! Great use of BG's and textures.

Mark Fuge
02-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Nice image and application, Cindy.

Very nice BG and pose of the subject. No problem with the H.A. in my view! ;)