PDA

View Full Version : Primerose

Adrian David
02-13-2010, 03:14 PM
I've got some beautiful primeroses from my friend Ovidiu, and I've tried some shots...:)

Model : NIKON D300
Exposure Time : 5 sec
F-Number : F40
Exposure Program : Manual control
ISO Speed Ratings : 400
Exposure Bias Value : 3 EV
Metering Mode : Multi-segment
Flash : Flash did not fire
Focal Length : 105,0 mm
Sensing Method : One-chip color area sensor
Exposure Mode : Manual exposure
White Balance : Auto white balance
Focal Length 35 : 157mm
Lens : Nikkor 105mm/f:2,8 VR

Julie Kenward
02-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Adrian, the image looks a little pixelated or grainy to me...did you do a large crop or possibly oversharpen it? Or is this just the rougher texture of the primrose (haven't seen one for awhile...)

One thing I'd recommend is opening the image and setting a ROT's gridline over it and look how the center of the flower is just a bit off the ROT's section in the LRC. If the center were a little further up and a little further in, I think the overall composition would be even stronger.

Good job on the color saturation - those are two tough colors and they look nice and vibrant without being overdone!

Adrian David
02-14-2010, 03:39 AM
Thank you Julie!
It is not a big crop! The image is slightly cropped from the full frame.ROT was in my mind, when I have composed the photo, but it seems I've got to tight to the RLC...
Those flowers are really a tough subject! Depending of the angle of the light,there are many reflections, irizations and there are many very tiny "hairs" on the petals.

Kaushik Balakumar
02-14-2010, 03:06 PM
While I liked your composition here, I do feel that the image has a bit harsh contrast & looks over-sharpened on my monitor. Nice colours.

Adrian David
02-14-2010, 03:45 PM
I think you-re right about the sharpening! Something went wrong there...Please let me know what you think about the repost!

Ken Childs
02-14-2010, 06:03 PM
The repost definitely looks better.

These are definitely a tough flower for close-ups but when you get it right, it looks awesome!. It's almost like they're made out of little prisms. :)

Charles Wesley
02-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Adrian,

Don't know but wonder why the image looks off just wonder if the light was harsh or in open shade when you made this photo. Something doesn't look right to me.

Thanks for sharing...

Anita Bower
02-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Well, I just learned I could create a ROT grid in PS7!

Thanks for sharing. :)