PDA

View Full Version : Flowing Flower

Julie Brown
02-13-2010, 10:25 AM
One of my first attempts at macro when I got the lens. There was a slight breeze as I tried to focus on the stamens. This image is noisy, but I don't know what to do about it. Also shot in jpeg before I knew better. How can it be improved?

Canon 20D, Canon 100mm f2.8 macro lens, ISO 100, f2.8 @ 1/180sec, 0 EV, pattern metering, manual exp, flash, tripod

original PP: PS Elements 2.0
cropped, converted to psd

LR 2.6:
enhanced clarity and vibrance
point curve-medium contrast
NR

Markus Jais
02-13-2010, 11:14 AM
I like this a lot. Great saturated colors. The colors of the flower are a great match for the green at the bottom.
I like the narrow DOF.

Markus

Julie Kenward
02-13-2010, 08:54 PM
You got some nice detail in those stamen, Julie! I like the color palette as well but I think your angle is a bit off for the crop you chose. I find myself wanting to see less of the lower petals (where the focus drops off) and more of the center where the crop was made. I think if you could imagine moving a step or two to your left and then shooting at less of a steep angle, you might have found a stronger composition.

Julie Brown
02-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks Markus, I like the colors as well. Jules, I shot this back in 2007 and I don't even know if I can find the original, but I am going to look. If I do, I will revisit the crop and repost.:)

Anita Bower
02-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Nice colors and lines. The crop doesn't bother me. I might want just a tad more yellow. Sometimes our older photos are there for us to see how far we have come in our photography. :)