PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Beak

Don Lacy
02-12-2010, 10:24 PM
I am still waiting on the calibration hardware I ordered for my new imac so i hope the colors are alright, just had to play around in PS to test out how much faster it runs now that I am on a quad core machine compared to my old G5:) The plover was captured at FT Desoto in April of 08.

40D, 500 f4 + 1.4TC, 1/1600 @ f/7.1, Aperture Priority, Evaluative Metered, Raw, ISO 400, Tripod, cropped

Tom Wilberding
02-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Very nice shot, Don. I like your low-level here, close-up, sharp, and eye catch, head angle, background, great!

Gary Jones
02-13-2010, 12:37 AM
Great low angle. Super DoF. Colours look good and great detail. Well done!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Lovely capture Don and the low angle and lighting really make this image. Excellent detail and exposure and a very pleasing BG. Well done !!!

Harold Davis
02-13-2010, 09:58 AM
looks fantastic, don! love the bg and the bird is in some nice light. i think it just needs a little CW rotation.

Dan Fleming
02-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi Don,

This is a real keeper. I too like the low angle, the sharpness, blurred bg, and color palette. No nits from me.

Dan

Manjesh Lingamurthy
02-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi Don

This is an excellent shot. Well exposed, sharp all through, beautiful light, low angle and catchlight in the eye. I think you have placed the whole bird at the right lower intersection according to the compositional rule of third. I suggest you crop the photo from the left and from the top, so that the eye is at the left upper intersection of the rule of third law of composition. This will make the whole bird as the main subject giving a nice balance. Take two postal envelopes and put those on the monitor, cropping the dead space as I mentioned and see how it looks. Envelop thing is a simple way to see whether this works for you.:)

Manjesh

Don Lacy
02-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi Don

This is an excellent shot. Well exposed, sharp all through, beautiful light, low angle and catchlight in the eye. I think you have placed the whole bird at the right lower intersection according to the compositional rule of third. I suggest you crop the photo from the left and from the top, so that the eye is at the left upper intersection of the rule of third law of composition. This will make the whole bird as the main subject giving a nice balance. Take two postal envelopes and put those on the monitor, cropping the dead space as I mentioned and see how it looks. Envelop thing is a simple way to see whether this works for you.:)

Manjesh
Hi Manjesh, Thank you for commenting on my image, I thought about cropping tighter as you suggested but I decided that for this image I preferred the feeling of a small bird in a big world that this composition conveys