PDA

View Full Version : Firehole Falls, YNP 2010

Charles Glatzer
02-12-2010, 09:07 PM
This image is copyrighted material as indicated, and is watermarked!

Firehole Falls, YNP, 2010

1Ds Mark III, 24-70mm,
Manual (spot plus 2.7EV off snow), 1/15 @ f16, ISO 100
Post-production-LR3, CS4,

See you where there is light, or at the computer

Chas

Dave Mills
02-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Nice job on this Charles. Goood exposure bringing up the detail in the foreground snow and finding a good view of the falls. The color variation in the water helps add interest to the image along with capturing detail in many areas of the water. The mist also adds another positive factor. Well handled!!

Robert Amoruso
02-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Hi Chas,

I like the leading line of the falls, the diagonal created by the bluff inthe FG and capped with snow and the strong verticals in the trees that make the vertical format that much stronger. I feel the image is a bit flat. I tried local contrast enhancement using USM on BG copy and then masked using 50% gray the right side of the image and selected areas of the snow that got toasty. That gave the water stronger impact and presence in the image.

Charles Glatzer
02-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Hey Robert,

Appreciate the input. As the light was heavily diffused with a bit of snow in the air the contrast was indeed a bit flat when the image was taken. I typically try to emulate within reason the scene as viewed when taken.

Best,

Chas

susanschermer
02-14-2010, 09:38 AM
I agree with Chas. I find the softness adds to the feeling of calm after storm the image conveys.

Robert Amoruso
02-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Hey Robert,

Appreciate the input. As the light was heavily diffused with a bit of snow in the air the contrast was indeed a bit flat when the image was taken. I typically try to emulate within reason the scene as viewed when taken.

Best,

Chas

I figured that much and like it too as presented. We all have alternative ways of looking at images. ;)

Ed Cordes
02-14-2010, 03:54 PM
I like it as presented. I guess the snow in the air flattened the scene a bit. I know this location and it is hard to get a good line on it. This is excellent.

Jess Lee
02-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Nice job it looked just like that today