PDA

View Full Version : Alone With The Fence

kostas nianiopoulos
02-12-2010, 08:34 AM
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5399/alonewiththefence.jpg (http://www.freecodesource.com/image-hosting/view/img210/5399/alonewiththefence.jpg/)

canon 50d
shutter 1/256
lens aperture 9,9
focal length 200mm
iso speed 320
metering pattern
EFS IS 18-200

thanks for watching .

Jerry van Dijk
02-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Hi Kostas, interesting composition. I like the bee on the flower. I would have tried to get an even BG. I think the two colors and the diagonal line that separates them distracts too much from the regular pattern of the fence.

Julie Kenward
02-13-2010, 10:29 AM
I agree with Jerry. Remember Kostas, when photographing an image this closely, every little detail matters. Try checking your first image in the field and scan it for distractions. You've got the diagonal white line in the BG that is instantly drawing my eye away because it is so much lighter than the dark green of the grass and the darker tones of the flower. You also have a few items at the bottom of the frame that could have been cleaned up before you took the image and it would have make this stronger as well.

I probably would have stood up and shot down at an angle to capture the bee on the flowerhead instead of having him be such a minor player in the image. If the flower was to be the main focus, then I would have kept the angle you have here but moved around so I could get a solid colored BG to show it off to its maximum potential.

Make sense?

Markus Jais
02-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Great idea with the fence. The bee is great.
As the others already wrote, a uniform green background would have been better. The pale area in the upper left is quite distracting. A higher point of view might have helped also.

You could also try a reflector to lighten up the shadows below the flower a little bit.

Markus

kostas nianiopoulos
02-14-2010, 04:35 PM
I agree with Jerry. Remember Kostas, when photographing an image this closely, every little detail matters. Try checking your first image in the field and scan it for distractions. You've got the diagonal white line in the BG that is instantly drawing my eye away because it is so much lighter than the dark green of the grass and the darker tones of the flower. You also have a few items at the bottom of the frame that could have been cleaned up before you took the image and it would have make this stronger as well.

I probably would have stood up and shot down at an angle to capture the bee on the flowerhead instead of having him be such a minor player in the image. If the flower was to be the main focus, then I would have kept the angle you have here but moved around so I could get a solid colored BG to show it off to its maximum potential.

Make sense?

you are verry right about what u say , but when i went to that place , for summer vacation , my camera was only few days new , i didnt know as i know it to day ( i beleive a bit better ) , and in the bottom of the image there is a tini river that is passing by , plus the flower was over my head and i had to rise the camera in my hands to get the image ...
that is not excuses from me , i know this is not so good image , but i say how was the situation there , if i had the chance to get the image from the top i would get , as i like the bee over there ..
that is the little storry of this image , thank u so much for the reply and the help ....

thank u a lot all , Kostas .