PDA

View Full Version : Northern mockingbird stare

Peter Coskun
02-11-2010, 08:06 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/4342551922_210c0ea56f_o.jpg

Photographed this bird in my backyard about a week ago. I have a ton of photos of mockingbirds but never have I gotten this kind of light and was able to get so close. I also really like the pose of this bird. Let me know what you think!

canon rebel xt
canon 400mm f5.6L at f5.6
SS: 1/1000
iso: 400
EV: 0

Steve Maxson
02-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I like the pose and the stare, Peter. Good sharpness and the bird stands out nicely from the background except for the bright area just left of the bird's head - I would try to tone that down. I would wish that we could see more of its legs and feet and that it wasn't standing on a man-made structure. :)

Peter Coskun
02-11-2010, 10:26 PM
I like the pose and the stare, Peter. Good sharpness and the bird stands out nicely from the background except for the bright area just left of the bird's head - I would try to tone that down. I would wish that we could see more of its legs and feet and that it wasn't standing on a man-made structure. :)

Thank you, I thought about selecting that area and toning it down but just have not gotten to it yet. I also wish it was on an actual perch to show the legs, but im still satisfied with the lighting and pose here.