PDA

View Full Version : Party at my Wesite

Mike Moats
02-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Not sure if I've posted this image before but its one of my favorite Lensbaby images. Anyways, if you haven't been to the General Photography Discussion Fourum here at BPN, I'm hosting a Macro Contest with a Lensbaby Composer w/Macro kit for the winner. Runner up gets a gift certificate from Outdoor Photo Gear. For more info go to the General Photography Discussion Forum and look for the post "Macro Contest". Or visit my website at www.tinylandscapes.com (http://www.tinylandscapes.com) and cllick on the Macro Contest link.

Fuji S5, Lensbaby, f/8

Ken Childs
02-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Maybe you should should just go ahead and send the Lensbaby to Vida right now. ;)

Anita Bower
02-11-2010, 06:16 PM
A beautiful image. Everything works.

Mike Moats
02-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Hey Ken, she has to enter first!:)

Thanks Anita, the lensbay gave the petals a nice feeling of motion.

Charles Wesley
02-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Mike,

Great vision and artistry on this ones. Always love the contrast between magenta and greens on the color wheel. Thanks for the reminder on the contest. Thanks for sharing...

P.S. Ken I really enjoy your BF photos. You have a wonderful technique. Agree that Vida is most excellent with macros. I know she works very hard with that Canon MPE 65 mm macro to fight the limited depth of field in macrophotography.

Julie Kenward
02-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Sounds like fun! I love this image. The curl of the petals aims the viewer's eye right down on that gorgeous apple green center.

Vida van der Walt
02-12-2010, 02:07 AM
Beautiful, artistic image Mike. The vibrant pinks and yellow-greens make such a great combination and like Jules I also love the great lines. Glad you told us about the contest because it gave me an opportunity to visit your website and see your wonderful images. Don't think I will enter though (can't compete with such beautiful floral images!).:)

Jerry van Dijk
02-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Hey Mike, nice initative, this contest! Looks like tough competition. You have some amazing entries already. Vida, I think your images would easily stand up to any of the entries so far ;).

Mike Moats
02-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Hey Vida, I agree with Ken and jerry you hve some great images.

Jackie Schuknecht
02-12-2010, 08:55 PM
I am hoping to shoot some macros on the w/e, if I get anything OK I will enter Mike.:)

Markus Jais
02-13-2010, 02:36 PM
A great shot. I like the composition and the effect on the petals.

Markus