luke johnson
02-11-2010, 10:41 AM
where can you park for sunrise at shark valley

will you get a ticket?

do they have many breakinns

luke0355@aol.com

AJ Witt
02-11-2010, 01:43 PM
I've only been once, but we parked across the street at the Indian shop parking lot. Haven't heard about any break ins, but the NPS ranger whom told us to park along the street or across the street, was sure to tell us to be sure to lock your car.

One little piece of advice, the be sure NOT to park in the "No Parking" areas as I saw a ranger giving out tickets left and right the day we were there.

Harold Davis
02-11-2010, 04:16 PM
i have seen cars park on the side of 41. even know people who get there early and do that, walking into the park. the same standard should apply everywhere. lock your vehicle and do not leave any valuables in site!!

good luck with your visit.

Fabs Forns
02-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Make sure not to park between the signs and the yellow tape because you will be towed away. Wlking is a nice experience because you get to see birds along the canl from the beginning.

Judd Patterson
02-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Hey Luke, I've parked along Highway 41/Tamiami Trail many times both early and late in the day and have never had a problem with break-ins. The Miccosukee Police tend to watch that stretch really closely for speeders.

Don Hamilton Jr.
02-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Also, do not forget to observe the speed limit, saw a lot of citations being handed out! :eek:That could ruin your day for sure!
Don

Alfred Forns
02-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Luke just park outside the ropes as suggested and allow plenty of time to walk in, takes about fifteen minutes or more but will have lots of opportunities as Fabs mentioned... btw not aware of any problems with cars being parked outside !!

James Shadle
02-18-2010, 12:08 AM
"The Miccosukee Police tend to watch that stretch really closely for speeders."
What an understatement!!! I've never been through there when someone wasn't getting a speeding ticket. <!-- / message -->