PDA

View Full Version : Wacko, Green Cay, Loxahatchee

luke johnson
02-11-2010, 10:35 AM
hi i was looking to photograph at the above 3 spots and i was looking for advice

any updates of these places

do you recommend you as a morning or afternoon shoot

any nearby areas i should check out

also would any of these spots be good for river otters and or bobcat

thanks

luke johnson

Michael Pancier
02-11-2010, 02:11 PM
hi i was looking to photograph at the above 3 spots and i was looking for advice

any updates of these places

do you recommend you as a morning or afternoon shoot

any nearby areas i should check out

also would any of these spots be good for river otters and or bobcat

thanks

luke johnson

all 3 are good. Wako has more activity at the moment. there used to be a bob cat at Greencay, but no sightings this year. Lox would be better for bob cats; but it's a crap shoot if you'll see one.

Lox is also better for river otters. for wildlife, your best best is out in the glades or big cypress.

Harold Davis
02-11-2010, 04:19 PM
cant add anymore than michael. check all three. they seem to hold different birds and animals at each place!

luke johnson
02-12-2010, 10:36 AM
i plan to visit all 3

do you have recommendation on which ones are better in the morning or evening

Harold Davis
02-12-2010, 01:03 PM
personally, i like wako in the am and green cay in the pm. lox is a toss up!!!

Michael Pancier
02-15-2010, 11:04 AM
did lox yesterday morning. Lot's of pileated woodies, hawks, and songbirds. there was a horned owl, but it's hidden too deep into the swamp behind spanish moss. I did see an American Kestral but it was a tad skittish; couldn't get a decent shot up close of him.

Myer Bornstein
02-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Did Lox on Sunday the Great horned owl was down the path to the left of the parking area across fron the marsh trail was easy to see, but partial hidden by the spanish moss

Michael Pancier
02-19-2010, 02:23 AM
I was there Sunday too and took the same shot. Must have bumped into you there if you were there in the am

Karl Wittman
04-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Delray Beach on the east side of Jog Road between Woolbright Road and Atlantic Avenue (Exit Route 95 onto Atlantic Avenue West; continue to Jog Road; turn right; park is on the right) The site is on the southeast side of Palm Beach County Water Utility Department's Southern Region Operations Center at 13026 Jog Road, Delray Beach.

Nice boardwalk. Lots of Florida birds. Go early or late (otherwise lots of tourists and walkers).

Currently a big attraction is a little blue heron (?) on a clutch of three eggs. Should be there for next three weeks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/digitalkarl/4553495676/