PDA

View Full Version : Ready to Rock again

Harshad Barve
02-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Dear all

Quite similar to what I have posted 4-5 months ago.
The news got confirmed from Bandhavgarh today morning. She has new litter:):). Small pugmarks of 2-2 1/2 months cubs found near Jhurjhura waterhole along with her pugmarks. She is queen of Rajbehara Dam. Her last litter attracted photographers from all over the world and she with her cubs sent back them home with tons of images. Tough summer is ahead and she will shelter herself near Rajbehara Dam only.

Now Bandhavgarh has only 2 more females in Tourism zone who are not raising cubs. 5 females are raising cubs. High time to visit Bnadhavgarh NP . As I said earlier 2010 is going to be one of the best year in recent history of Bandhavgarh NP

Two females from last litter of this tigress are busy with males. So dont mind if I give you news of few more cubs:)

D300, 600mm, ISO 640 , 1/200 , beanbag at F 4.5, FF

All C & C are most welcome & much appreciated
Harshad

Ken Watkins
02-11-2010, 12:40 AM
Great image and great news, what more could you ask.
The only downside will be increased crowds.

Harshad Barve
02-11-2010, 12:43 AM
The only downside will be increased crowds.

NO more than 45 Gypsys in park at a time and NO more than 9 gypsys on one route , New rules are favourable for Tigers and serious photographers :)

Marc Mol
02-11-2010, 01:36 AM
NO more than 45 Gypsys in park at a time and NO more than 9 gypsys on one route , New rules are favourable for Tigers and serious photographers :)

That's almost as good news as the cubs themselves Harshad!:D
Might be time to visit after all.;)
Fine image also, love the long grass surrounding her, perhaps a bit more room on the bottom of frame.
TFS

Harshad Barve
02-11-2010, 01:43 AM
, perhaps a bit more room on the bottom of frame.
TFS

Ops , forgot to add techs in excitment, FF image

Ken Watkins
02-11-2010, 01:44 AM

I had not heard of this good news, how are the vehicles allocated?

Harshad Barve
02-11-2010, 01:52 AM
I had not heard of this good news, how are the vehicles allocated?

All vehicles are divided on 5 routes. Earlier we used to get one route and after reporting center point , free to roam on any route. Now we will get one route to enter the park and another for exit. We may miss action on other routes but whenever king is showing , you can have literal private sighting in peaceful way. After this rule, I have observed Tigers staying with tourist for longer time ( Bring on more memory cards :):) )

Excellent news :- We have tigress with cubs on ALL routes , Wanna buy ticket for New Delhi :D:D

Steve Kaluski
02-11-2010, 03:04 AM
At last Harshad the Park officials are listening. They also need to put numbers on each of the vehicles entering the reserve (1-5) to ensure they stay on their allocated routes and not straying because of a Tiger sighting. It will also improve the accident rate, with the jeeps not running into each other, eager to move into that prime position.:)

Great news about the cubs, long may it continue.

Steve;)

Harshad Barve
02-11-2010, 03:20 AM
At last Harshad the Park officials are listening. They also need to put numbers on each of the vehicles entering the reserve (1-5) to ensure they stay on their allocated routes and not straying because of a Tiger sighting. It will also improve the accident rate, with the jeeps not running into each other, eager to move into that prime position.:)

Great news about the cubs, long may it continue.

Steve;)

What about image Sirjee

They also need to put numbers on each of the vehicles entering the reserve (1-5) to ensure they stay on their allocated routes

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?p=443812#post443812 Your wish fulflled here ;)

Steve Kaluski
02-11-2010, 03:42 AM
Looks like they are now getting it right.:) No elephants, numbers on vehicles, fixed routes...

With recent postings of the Cubs you have spoilt me.;) With this one I am not sure whether a tighter or more wider angle shot might have been better based on the use of the 600mm? The tiger within the crop isn't really working for me, plus the subject is moving down towards the bottom lh corner. Looks like he/she was getting rather agitated.

Steve;)

Markus Jais
02-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Great tiger shot. I like the open mouth and the teeth.
The high grass shows the environment.

Great to read that there will be many cubs this year. I really hope the big cat can be saved!

Markus

DanielTMiller
02-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Beautiful shot Harshad, really sharp and great to hear she has a new litter.

I am SO jealous of where you live, it's been my dream for my whole life to see a tiger in the wild

Nate Chappell
02-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Wonderful shot and open mouth pose Harshad, thanks for sharing the great news too.:cool:

Austin Thomas
02-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Lovely image and great news Harshad,

I have still to visit the Tigers of the world which i am looking forward to one day.

I like the facial expression captured here and the curl in the tail.
A little more room at the bottom would be good if you have it on the original.

tfs

Austin

Steve Canuel
02-12-2010, 09:38 PM
I like the pose with the head turn, open mouth, and curled tail. Also like the color tone and surrounding grasses. The grasses around the tiger are much more blurred/smoothed than those on the tiger's body (only noted as this is different than your usual posts). If not intentional, perhaps a little less on the grasses that are on the same focal plane as the tiger? If intentional, please disregard. Happy to hear the news about the tigers. Good for them and for you :).

Kaustubh Deshpande
02-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Harshad, one of your best I must say. Good call on aperture. awesome pose and perfect FG and BG. does go well with the stripes, doesn't it? Thx for sharing. I havent visited a tiger reserve in 14 yrs :-(