PDA

View Full Version : Trout Lily (Erythronium americanum)

Ed Vatza
02-10-2010, 07:52 PM
This is a redo from last spring. With all this snow that we've had over the past week, I need something beautiful to work with and the Trout Lily is one of my favorite early spring wildflowers.

I did treat this image in Nik Viveza and Color Efx Pro but I hope you'll agree that it still belongs in Macro/Flora.

Julie Kenward
02-10-2010, 07:55 PM
I do indeed! I believe you managed to "up" the volume but it still presents as a normal lily. I love the blue BG with this yellow flower - interesting and subtle. I have actually missed your simple yellow flowers from a year ago so it's nice to see you return to rework one. I especially like the turn of the stem here...perfectly balances the image.

Christopher Miller
02-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Very elegant flower and composition, Ed. I like it a lot! The blue-gray BG sets off the flower perfectly.

Vida van der Walt
02-11-2010, 06:27 AM
Lovely image Ed. Love the almost misty feel of the bg. Great detail, comp and colours as well.:)

Markus Jais
02-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Fantastic shot. I like the composition. The BG is fantastic and works very well with the yellow flower.

Markus

Mike Moats
02-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Hey Ed, the spring still seems like a long way off, but hopefully the months will pass quick. Very nice comp, details and the color of the flower pops really well againt the BG. Congrats on this one.