PDA

View Full Version : Robin (Erithacus rubecula)

Jonathan Ashton
02-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Taken from my hide, this pose was in response to another robin who dared to venture near to the feeder.
Camera Model Canon EOS 50D
Tripod, Mongoose head
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/640
Av( Aperture Value ) 7.1
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation -2/3
ISO Speed 200
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM
Flash Off
White Balance Mode Auto
AF Mode AI Servo AF

All comments welcome

Daniel Cadieux
02-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Techs, perch, BG, and IQ all look top notch...only one thing could have made this image better...and that is a better HA (oh, and perhaps a small crop at right to close the gap between perch and right edge of frame).

Paul Kusmin
02-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Pretty great shot, really like the perch and BG and it's sharp.
beautiful bird, i don't mind that the head is twisted back a bit in this case.

Ofer Levy
02-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Hi Jonathan, your technique is excellent. Trying some more interesting perches can bring your images to a new level IMO.

Gerald Kelberg
02-11-2010, 04:51 AM
Hi Jonathan,

Lovely sharp image. From your recent posts, it seems that re-siting your hide has really paid dividends. Well done!

Gerald

RakeshDhareshwar
02-11-2010, 05:44 AM
For me this image is perfect . Techs, action , perch , BG . Awesome .

Jonathan Ashton
02-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi Jonathan, your technique is excellent. Trying some more interesting perches can bring your images to a new level IMO.

I agree, the challenge is finding different photogenic perches, I tried some hazel with catkins but the branch was too flexible, I will eventually find one suitable - then soon we will have buckthorn in blossom and ***** willow so I will be busy!!

I have just noticed some asterisks have appeared,:D and I have realised why - the word I think, is perhaps a little less acceptable in America but it is the correct English word:D:D (another word for a cat!!)
No offence is intended.:cool:

RAM MALLYA
02-12-2010, 04:01 AM
Lovely pose of the bird good catch