PDA

View Full Version : HDR panorama

Arlon Motsch
02-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Combining two of my favorite kinds of photography, HDR and panoramas.
This was three shots wide and three shots deep (+1, -1, -2). HDR generated with Photomatix and then combined into a panorama with PSE 8.

http://www.pbase.com/arlon/image/121835123/large.jpg

larger version (http://www.pbase.com/arlon/image/121835123/original.jpg)

Ken Childs
02-10-2010, 06:49 AM
Arlon, I'm not a fan of over the top HDR so I'd much rather see the saturation on this toned way down to make it look more natural but that's just me.

Ignoring the HDR, this has some composition problems. The 50/50 sky to ground doesn't work well, IMO. I think you'd be better off with 2/3 sky or 2/3 earth. Also the barn is almost dead center which doesn't work well.

You'd probably get better feedback if this was posted in the landscape forum.

Arlon Motsch
02-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Unfortunately I tend to over saturate everything just because they are done on my home PC that is calibrated to my old printer. They look much better on that PC than on most others. I guess I need to start doing a seperate set.. Looks way more saturated here on my office monitors too.. )-:}

Being over the top I didn't think it belonged in landscape.

WIlliam Maroldo
02-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi Arlon! Looks like a scene on the road from Houston to Brazos Bend State Park. Welcome. This is in the wrong category: should be in Landscapes, which includes HDR. We also like to see camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, focal length, etc. regards~Bill

kostas nianiopoulos
02-10-2010, 09:17 AM
verry good , job u made there Arlon . well done .

Arlon Motsch
02-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Hi Arlon! Looks like a scene on the road from Houston to Brazos Bend State Park. Welcome. This is in the wrong category: should be in Landscapes, which includes HDR. We also like to see camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, focal length, etc. regards~Bill

Yes, this is BBSP.

As to the forum it's posted under I actually read through the descriptions of the various forums and decided this was was the best place for an over saturated, hdr panorama. I was more interested in sharing the idea of an HDR panorama than just posting a landscape picture. If I where posting to get feedback on the landscape itself, I'd have probably posted it over there instead.

This forum is dedicated to breaking out of the box of conformity. Post Avian, Wildlife, Macro/Flora and Landscapes images that will expose us to new ideas.

Maybe it's an older idea than I realized.. )-:}
Thanks for the comments, I did desaturate a little from the original posting so it would look a little more natural on my office monitors.

Mark Fuge
02-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Nice image and application, Arlon.

I would agree that off-centering the barn and changing the horizon line would be nice. If you moved close to the fence and shot down the fence line a little more I think the barn could be positioned a little more off-center. I do like the HDR effect. But ...

Your image ... your vision.

denise ippolito
02-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Arlon, I really like the HDR work here. I think that maybe an off center comp and horizon would be another way to present this BUT this is very nice as presented.:) Glad you posted it here.

Hazel Grant
02-14-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm wondering how you were able to post a panorama, given the size constraints of posting. I've can't seem to be able to manage that, so would appreciate advice. Thanks.