PDA

View Full Version : Wester Ross, Scotland Rainbow

Dan Wolin
02-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Hello all,

This is my first landscape post here (I have been an NSNer for a long time). Anyway, I am glad to be here. Scotland is one of my most favorite places to go and for the last three years I have been there on photo trips. This is from 2008 and is on the west coast, across from the Isle of Skye. We were driving and came along this scene with great storm light and a nice rainbow. One of my favorites from that trip.

Thanks for looking

MKIII - 24-70 2.8, iso320

Dave Mills
02-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Hi Dan, Welcome to the forum with an interesting and dramatic image. You took this at the right time of day with warm lighting and was lucky to get this great rainbow. Compositionally the image might have been stronger if you positioned yourself so the rainbow was more to the left of it's present position. For my taste I would have removed the telephone poles...

Hilary Hann
02-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Hi Dan, The foreground light is wonderful but I think the sky needs more drama to it which would lift the whole image. I agree with Dave that I'd get rid of the telephone poles, but some people would rather not do any removing of objects in the scene.