PDA

View Full Version : Painting on the Beach

Richard Waas
02-09-2010, 11:44 AM
I was on the beach the other morning to photograph the sunrise; however it was heavily overcast and no signs of the sun. So I took a few shore bird images. This little beauty was not close and i did not have a long lens so therefore a heavy crop. I turned the image into a quadtone and added an oil paint finish with WOW brushes. Not sure it was worth it, but wanted to post anyway. Handheld with Canon 5D MK II. ISO 2500, f/2.8, 1/800 sec, EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, 200mm, Evaluative Metering, Auto Exposure, Auto WB, No flash. Comments welcome.

Bill Dix
02-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Hi Richard. This works for me. With the open beak, wings up and legs-all-dangling-down-oh it would have made a killer image if you could have gotten it closer. But it makes a handsome painting nonetheless.

Julie Kenward
02-09-2010, 01:29 PM
I really like it as well - nice color palette and the catchlight and dangling feet of the bird really make me feel it is "real." I especially like the way the water turned out - it really give a feeling of movement.

So what are "wow" brushes and where can I get them? ;):D;)

Lance Peters
02-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Hi Richard - love the feel - pose is great and works well with the applied effects.
Good show :)

Harold Davis
02-09-2010, 08:10 PM
i think this is called making soup from a stone!! i like the treatment, richard. nice job!!

Oscar Zangroniz
02-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Nice effects and position of the subject my friend. The fact that you had to crop so much brought out some noise.
Too bad that Harold sent the HA police looking for me, because they missed great eye contact on yours.
Regards,