PDA

View Full Version : Double-crested Cormorant

Troy Lim
02-09-2010, 07:43 AM
My first post on this forum. Critiques are welcomed.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2791/4335717060_d11f72ef03_o.jpg

Camera: Nikon D700
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1600)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 500 mm
ISO Speed: 1600
Exposure Bias: +1/3 EV
Flash: No Flash

Harshad Barve
02-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Big time welcome troy , excellent image to start with , lovely compo , techs looks spot on and lovely BG
TFS

ps , Tigers , Lions , wild Dogs can have party with your cormorant here in Wildlife section :D:D:p:D, Pl PM to any moderator to move your thread to Avians

Daniel Cadieux
02-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Welcome to BPN troy!! Nice first image...and good intimate view of the swimming cormorant - the great low angle has a big positive impact on that intimate view. I only wish the subject wasn't swimming away from you, or at the very least had it's head turned more towards you for a better look at that beautiful emerald eye.

Randy Stout
02-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Troy:

Welcome to the Avian board at BPN. A great place to learn and grow. Daniel hit the high points in his critique. The shooting angle really helps.

I might consider toning down the bright green areas at the top of the frame, just a bit, as it tends to draw the eye away from the bird.

By the way, you need to use your real name, not your business name as your participant name.

Cheers

Randy

Troy Lim
02-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Big time welcome troy , excellent image to start with , lovely compo , techs looks spot on and lovely BG
TFS

ps , Tigers , Lions , wild Dogs can have party with your cormorant here in Wildlife section :D:D:p:D, Pl PM to any moderator to move your thread to Avians

Sorry about that, I was rushing to do it before heading to work this morning.

Troy Lim
02-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Welcome to BPN troy!! Nice first image...and good intimate view of the swimming cormorant - the great low angle has a big positive impact on that intimate view. I only wish the subject wasn't swimming away from you, or at the very least had it's head turned more towards you for a better look at that beautiful emerald eye.

Daniel, I totally agree. I will do better next time.