PDA

View Full Version : Great White Wings Up Fly By

Michael Stern
01-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Everglades National Park - Standing along Ahinga Trail and the egret decided to fly by me, what was I to do but capture this image - talking about a "blind squirrel" finding an acorn. This is it! I just think the low resolution does not do it justice! Michael

Maxis Gamez
01-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi Michael and welcome to BPN.

I think there are several thing you could have done to improve this image. I'm not sure why the image is dark all the way around but I don't think it helps your subject, was this a special effect you liked?. I also believe the Egret should not be placed in the center of the frame as the Egret looks like there is no way to fly to type of feeling.

Don't be afraid and post a larger image as I agree with you regarding justice.

Let us see more of your work!

Alfred Forns
01-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Hi Michael Strong bg and beautiful whites I like the suggestion of placing the bird out of the center Give him some room up front to fly into Would also crop a little different wider to give it more flow !!! Very nice feel to this image !!!

Judd Patterson
01-02-2008, 09:25 PM
What a beautiful bird and scenery. I agree that this resolution doesn't do it justice...in the future you may prefer to post up the maximum allowable size of 750 pixels. You also appear to have locked focus on the body/wings rather than the head of the egret. Look for the lores around the bill of the Great Egret to turn a brilliant green as we get into breeding season. See you around!

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi Michael I like this image and the rich color of the background and also the flight pose with the curved neck but i agree that to off center the egret would strengthen this image.

Arthur Morris
01-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Welcome Micheal, Our crack team of Alfred, Maxis, and Judd have covered all the salient points and left me with nothing to say but welcome. lal, artie

Fabs Forns
01-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Welcome from me too, Michael, see you soon!!! :)