PDA

View Full Version : Cheetal Pair

Badruddin Ali
02-22-2008, 02:22 AM
This image is taken at Kanha National Park in India.October when the park opens after the monsoon its very green.Cheetal congregate in herds during this time of plenty. I chanced on this pair as they moved away from the herd.Nikon D70s, 70-200 lens @ 200mm,S.S-1/320, F-2.8, ISO-400.

Jasper Doest
02-22-2008, 02:42 AM
Lovely environmental approach Badruddin! I only wish for a bit more space at the left and perhaps the bottom as well. Just some more space would place them even more in their environment, and make these elegant animals even more fragile.

Robert Amoruso
02-22-2008, 07:57 AM
I like the environmental composition of this image and agree with Jasper's comments on more room left and bottom. If the deer in the rear was in more the same position as the buck, that would have been good but I know that those things just don't happen because you wish them to. You do have a nice juxtaposition between them and both are in focus.

Overall, the scene is a bit dark. You could lighten it with a levels adjustment and the mid-tone slider or just the darker tones using the Shadow/Highlight adjustment at same 25% shadow tonality. Increase amount to open up the shadows. My recommendations assume you are using Photoshop.

Badruddin Ali
02-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Just did a quick check on the original to see if i could change the framing giving more space as recommended, but this frame is uncropped. So this would need adding canvas which i have never done.I will definately try to lighten the image to bring out a little more detail in the shadows. Thanks to both Robert & Jasper.

Robert Amoruso
02-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Bader,

Don't worry much about the cropping suggestions. That's more for the future when in the field. Besides on the bottom, you left more then enough room for the "virtual feet" that are covered in the grass. That's important in the type of image you created here and you did that just right. Brightening it up a bit will really open the image up. If you want to re-post the revised version, please do so. Do delete the original, just reply to this thread with the new version. Thanks for posting.

Badruddin Ali
02-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Have posted a lightened version. Dont know if its enough.Thanks.