PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom Discovery

David Kennedy
02-22-2008, 12:42 AM
I just stumbled into a feature that I was wishing for in Lightroom but assumed was simply absent: a keyboard shortcut for the straighten tool while in the cropping module. Holding down CTRL (I assume the Command key on a Mac will do the same) turns the cursor into the Straighten tool. All this time I've been thinking, "'R' gets me into crop, why couldn't another key get me into straighten?"
If you knew about this already, why didn't you tell me months ago? ;)

Jim Poor
02-22-2008, 09:10 AM
The CMD key doesn't seem to have that effect on my Mac. Good find though.

Robert Amoruso
02-22-2008, 10:24 AM
I did not know this. Thanks David. I will check it out.

JH Tugs
02-22-2008, 01:38 PM
I guess I usually just grab the rotate handles outside the crop handles.

As an aside I also found this: "http://learn.adobe.com/wiki/download/attachments/9339541/tip_help.png Holding down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) with the Straighten tool selected displays a grid that helps you straighten the image."

David Kennedy
02-23-2008, 06:21 PM
I guess I usually just grab the rotate handles outside the crop handles.

As an aside I also found this: "http://learn.adobe.com/wiki/download/attachments/9339541/tip_help.png Holding down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) with the Straighten tool selected displays a grid that helps you straighten the image."

The ALT trick is sweet, and it works in conjunction with the CTRL shortcut.

Alfred Forns
02-23-2008, 09:56 PM
David the best way is to click the ruler and draw a line It will do the same as in CS except you don't have to do image straighten etc !!!

David Kennedy
02-24-2008, 12:13 AM
Alfred,
I think you might have mis-read my posting. I love the ruler (straighten tool), but I was thrilled because I found a keyboard shortcut for it (so I don't have to click on the ruler icon). In crop mode (the R key), holding down CTRL invokes the straighten (ruler) tool. However, Jim Poor reported that it doesn't work for Macs, so your mileage may vary.

Cheers,
David