PDA

View Full Version : Eyes in the bush

saleeltambe
02-08-2010, 06:55 AM
During one of my trips to Kutch (India), the sun was just about to set and the whole field was lit up with golden orange light.
Suddenly spotted this Short Eared Owl amidst the bush - staring at me - as if these eyes were not of the owl - but they were of the bush ! These bushes are a characteristic habitat.

Canon 40D, 500mm+1.4x, ISO 400, 1/800 f5.6, -1/3 , Minor cropping for composition

Axel Hildebrandt
02-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Cool-looking bird, good eye contact and sharpness. I would decrease saturation and contrast. You could also try to get more details in the blacks.

Sabyasachi Patra
02-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Saleel,
This is a lovely bird. I agree with Axel regarding lowering the contrast and saturation. I am surprised by the noise in the background at ISO 400. The left eye (the one on the right side of the frame) is dilated more due to the lower amount of light vis-a-vis the right eye. Would love to see a vertical. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mital Patel
02-08-2010, 12:13 PM
u got nice sharpness. i echo and certainly agree with axel what he suggested. you got really close image of this fella as i know how difficult it to get such close at that location :) very well stare and perfect camo