PDA

View Full Version : Bosque del Apache "summertime"

gary rouleau
02-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Unlike most people I spend more time at the Bosque in the summer then winter. The Bosque becomes a forgotten place once the cranes leave. With no crowds and lots of peace you get to see some incredible things. Springtime is marvelous with new birds species passing through each day on their way home. The summer streams fill with beautiful patterns of algae. The Kingfisher's put on an olympic diving display and the Roadrunner chicks scurry about. And not to mention the green chilly cheese burgers.

Canon EOS-1D Mark II N
Lens (mm): 100
ISO: 100
Aperture: 4.5
Shutter: 1/2000
Exp. Comp.: 0.0

Robert Amoruso
02-22-2008, 07:41 AM
Gary,

Thanks for giving us insight into Bosque in the summer. As someone that lived out there in the late 80's/early 90's and travel during many times of the year, I appreciate that these areas we visit only in the winter have a much different spring, summer and fall look to them as demonstrated in your image.

I like the composition in vertical and the water leading into the image and the BG mountains. I would suggest that you would have gotten better DOF with a small aperture of say f/22. The BG looks a bit OOF. Also the clouds look a little to blue and might need some selective color cast removal. Overall saturation does seem a bit high though the colors in the water are quite electrifying.

Robert O'Toole
02-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Like the idea alot. The algae colors and swirls with the sky reflections are very cool. To me opening the top half of the image slighty with curves would enhance the image. Agree with RA about the over sat sky.

did you crop any of more water no sky by chance. I cropped with my IE window and it looks great that way also.

Robert

gary rouleau
02-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Robert I didn't crop it at all, but I will tonight to see. The blue sky is what came out of the box and is reflected in the water. Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Cheers
gary

Bret Edge
02-22-2008, 05:14 PM
I like the composition and the colors but the saturation does seem too intense throughout the image. Dial it back a bit and this will really be a stunner.