PDA

View Full Version : Great Tit

Jonathan Ashton
02-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Canon 50D Canon EF 500 Tripod Mongoose head, ISO 640 1/640sec f4
Image taken from a hide in the back garden seed used as bait.

All comments welcome

Daniel Cadieux
02-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Nice perch and bird. Good clean BG too with a nice gradiant. Good exposure on this highly contrasted species. I wish for a better HA, and the smoothed out details make it seem as if NR was used a little too heavily on the subject?

Jonathan Ashton
02-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Now I see the jpeg I agree it does seem to have lost a little definition.. and you are quite right I did use Neat Image - just on the standard/auto setting. I was advised the previous image submitted was a tad over sharpened so I did not do a second round of sharpening on this one. (The uncompressed version is more detailed.)

Axel Hildebrandt
02-08-2010, 06:43 AM
I like the perch, eye contact, soft light and composition. I would not run NR on the bird and sharpen it more. Maybe a bit more contrast?

Jonathan Ashton
02-08-2010, 07:40 AM
I like the perch, eye contact, soft light and composition. I would not run NR on the bird and sharpen it more. Maybe a bit more contrast?

I have reworked as suggested Neat Image to background only, slight increase in contrast and a little extra sharpening - any comments would be appreciated.

Axel Hildebrandt
02-08-2010, 07:48 AM
The sharpness and contrast boost improved the image. I would remove the white spot on the beak and run NR on the BG. The color noise can be easily removed in your RAW converter.

Chris van Rooyen
02-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Lovely posture and composition. Selective sharpening of the bird might be an option