PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise At The Farm

LouisKeller
02-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Photo was taken in South Texas on the farm where I was born and grew up. Image is almost full frame and the saturation was not enhanced. This is the way the sunrise looked when photographed.

Canon 10D with Canon 70-200 shot on jpeg setting. No raw image @ f6.7, 1/500, ISO 200. Cropped a little to get the desired effect.

allanrube
02-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Very pretty shot with the addition of the location having significance to you (I think of all the boring shots I have of the house I grew up in.)
The only thing I would consider is cropping a bit off the top to draw more attention to the details which are in the bottom of the image.

Dave Mills
02-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Hi Louis, You recorded a sunset we all hope to see...just beautiful! Very good choice of silouettes but I thought I would crop this tighter to accentuate the windmill, tree and the sun. I showed you this comp just to give you another idea how to frame the subjects.

Paul Marcellini
02-08-2010, 07:51 PM
I agree on the corp and also would add that trying to move left to separate the windmill from the tree would help as well.

Robert Amoruso
02-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Dave made my crop suggestion and Paul made my moving suggestion. Good work seeing the possibilities here.