PDA

View Full Version : Cedar waxwing

gary rouleau
02-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Santa Fe New Mexico.
Reflected light from a pond below gave the most incredible colour to this guy.

Canon EOS-1D Mark II N
Lens (mm): 600
ISO: 200
Aperture: 4
Shutter: 1/500
Exp. Comp.: 0.0

Kaushik Balakumar
02-22-2008, 06:42 AM
nice image. looks a bit noisy though...

rgds,
Kaushik

John Chardine
02-22-2008, 07:09 AM
Colours are really nice. I think you need to bring out more detail around the eye and face (if you have any detail there).

Jim Poor
02-22-2008, 08:05 AM
Definitely an interesting color scheme to this one. The light on the bottom of the perch is nice too. A little more detail on the black eye mask would be great.

There looks like a little fringe around the bird, I don't know if it is a sort of rim light or a leftover from processing with selections.

I wish the bird had looked just a little less directly at the camera. Head on, straight down the bill images don't really work for me unless they are showing some really interesting activity to go with.

Fabs Forns
02-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Nicely composed, Gary, but the colors look too dark an unreal to me. Did you use a lot of blue increase? Even the feet look blue to me.

Jim Neiger
02-22-2008, 11:01 AM
An interesting look from this bird. It seems a bit contrasty and noisy to me.

gary rouleau
02-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I think the blue light came from the reflected pond light which then reflected back as well from the tree above him. He almost looked saintly aglow in this beautiful light -and with most saintly visions -he was gone before you knew it.
Thanks again.