500mm
1/250s
ISO 400
Processed in CS4
Cloudy/ One shot AF
Comments Appreciated

Lance Peters
02-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Hi Jackie - love the stitch and the autumn colours, could just be my eye's - does the gator look a tad over sharpened???
Composition works for me, might just get rid of the reflection of the stick lower left hand corner.
Good show :)

kostas nianiopoulos
02-07-2010, 04:02 PM
verry verry veery good Jackie ... u made a really great image there .... well done girl!

Jackie Schuknecht
02-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Came out pretty sharp straight from the camera Lance. Didn't do my usual sharpening for web in the repost. Hope this looks better.

Fabs Forns
02-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Pardon for intruding here :)
Gator looks the way they are on the OP, their skin is very thick and shiny, almost like patent leather.

Good job, Jackie, agree on removing the little green reflection on lower left.

Lance Peters
02-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Pardon for intruding here :)
Gator looks the way they are on the OP, their skin is very thick and shiny, almost like patent leather.

Good job, Jackie, agree on removing the little green reflection on lower left.

No Worries Fabs :)
OP is on the money then Jackie... By the way never hesitate to say I don't agree with you!! You get to see these guys in the flesh - I don't (Not yet anyway)

Fabs Forns
02-07-2010, 05:37 PM
No Worries Fabs :)
You get to see these guys in the flesh - I don't (Not yet anyway)

Hope that can change soon :)

Oscar Zangroniz
02-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Great composition Jackie. Lots to like on your capture. Specially the light.
Congrats.

Alfred Forns
02-07-2010, 07:28 PM
One of the best looking gators I've seen in a while Jackie, these guys are all over the place but coming up with a keeper is not easy .... they are just one step higher than turtles :)

Excellent idea for the pano stitch, we have the technology but don't use it much !! Just would have like a little more room at the tail end .. love the color and reflection !!!

Harold Davis
02-07-2010, 07:42 PM
i looked at this one earlier and had the exact same thought as al. a little more room for the tail. love the reds around big boy. one of the better gator pics i have seen also. i like it, and i dont like a lot of gator pics!!!

Jackie Schuknecht
02-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the comments. Harold for someone who doesn't like gators I take that as a compliment. I had lots of trouble processing and tried to add canvas behind the tail but got fed up. I will give it a go again.

arash_hazeghi
02-08-2010, 03:37 AM
wow what a dinosaur! one happy looking gator!

Peter Farrell
02-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Very nice image. Good idea on merging two images. I love the color of the water and reflection.