PDA

View Full Version : New to bird photography

Frankie_flea
02-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Retired male 60 years old, from Dorset, England. I've always had an interest in birds, but only recently have i wanted to, or had the time to try and photograph them. I recently purchased a Sigma 150-500mm OS to go with my D200, with the idea of starting off by taking small birds in the garden. So far i am pleasantly surprised at the quality this relatively inexpensive setup can deliver. My dry room techniques are in their infancy, but i am gradually getting better results.

Tony Whitehead
02-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Welcome Frankie. Looking forward to your backyard birds. Plenty of good info here to help you along the digital learning curve. Last time I was in Dorset I remember Kittiwakes on the cliffs near Swanage - that was long before digital cameras though :D

Frankie_flea
02-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Hya Tony, thanks for the welcome. You seem like a well traveled man. Is that a Yellowhammer on your post?

Tony Whitehead
02-10-2010, 03:09 AM
Yes, Frankie, it's a Yellowhammer. We have a number of UK imports in NZ:D

Xristos Zo
02-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Hello Mr. Frankie, I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do. This site has lots of useful information.

David Stephens
02-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Welcome Frankie. I love shots of English garden birds. Don't fail to post in the Eager to Learn Forum when you get started.