PDA

View Full Version : Tiger - (Abstract)

Steve Kaluski
02-07-2010, 06:34 AM
As it is the 'International Year of the Tiger' a very good friend has launched an exhibition and new book in support and to raise funds and awareness of this most awesome animal.

Having been inspired, I thought I might opt for a different 'take' on my normal 'style' of imagery?

I fear this might be a 'marmite' posting, 'you either love it, or hate it?'. As the subject is abstract I have opted out of posting any data as it's not relevant I feel.

Steve

Morkel Erasmus
02-07-2010, 03:52 PM
I quite like this Steve. I assume you added zoom blur in post-processing?

Nate Chappell
02-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Very cool Steve, I like the blurred effect:cool:

Marc Mol
02-07-2010, 07:04 PM
I quite like this Steve. I assume you added zoom blur in post-processing?

Agree with Morkel here, if it has been done in camera, I'm even more impressed.;)

Alfred Forns
02-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Love it Steve and does look like an in camera blur !!! Big fan of these things !!!

Key is having something in the center recognizable, eye in this case and mighty well done. btw for the in camera zoom blurs I like pausing then zooming for having detail in the center area. If doing for the first time might want to try on a tripod first before hand holding, will start having more keepers !!! Big Congrats !!!

Sabyasachi Patra
02-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Hi Steve,
You have done well here. However, personally I don't like zoom blurs in nature photography. In my opinion, the tiger looks wicked here. I hope you don't mind my frank views.

The Canon 100-400 lens is good for the zoom blurs due to the push-pull mechanism of this lens.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Steve Kaluski
02-08-2010, 04:31 AM
Hi Guys

OK, this was an experiment and as to whether this kind of image is applicable here I am not sure? I just wanted to try something different and felt that the effect gave a bit more substance/impact to the image. A little difficult to know whether it needs more or less as it's a personal thing I thing, but hope it's about there?

BTW it was done in PP.

cheers
Steve

Harshad Barve
02-08-2010, 06:08 AM
Excellent image Steve , gotta love that snarl and sharp eye , Would love to see Original

Hi Guys
BTW it was done in PP.

cheers
Steve

candidate for OOTB :);)

Steve Kaluski
02-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Would love to see Original

Patience, Harshad. :) Everytime I think I might post one, someone posts a series of cracking cubs;)

As I have said before, it is good to have diversity of images and not one train of thought.

Thanks
Steve;)

Harshad Barve
02-08-2010, 06:50 AM
As I have said before, it is good to have diversity of images and not one train of thought.

Thanks
Steve;)

Will try to derail Tiger Train today ;)

Krishnan
02-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Wonderfully executed Steve. Love this one !

D. Robert Franz
02-08-2010, 08:55 AM
I think this is well done and achieves it's intent.....

Austin Thomas
02-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Hi Steve,

It is an art form and therefore comes with the Marmite test. It is a very good example of its type.

Cheers

Austin

Santosh Tigga Saligram
02-23-2010, 09:12 AM
I think you've done a stellar job of this. It isn't one bit easy to make coherent zoom bursts, and you've pulled it off seemingly effortlessly! Superb image; loved it.