PDA

View Full Version : Fracted Feline

Kerry Perkins
02-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Captured this bobcat napping a few weeks ago. Seemed like a good candidate for some fractal fun, so... I think I started with the Glow 100 and then tweaked it from there. :)

Lance Peters
02-07-2010, 02:07 AM
Nice - love those eyes.
tfs

Mark Fuge
02-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Nice image and application, Kerry.

I might have added a little to the top, as it is a little tight and the image would fit into the 1/3 with the right eye at the UL intersection. But ...

Your image ... your vision.

Jackie Schuknecht
02-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Subtle application Kerry, seems like a good candidate for Frac work. Picks up the whites nicely and gives the image good contrast. Is this Bob?

Indranil Sircar
02-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Another nice fract composition, Kerry. I like the how the fur and the grass has turned out. I think leaving a bit of OOF bg makes it more interesting - IMHO.

Kerry Perkins
02-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks everyone! Jackie, that is indeed Bob! Mark, I didn't have the luxury of more space around Bob, as he was napping under a low bush that would have been in the frame. Same deal in front and on the sides - he was "hiding" amongst the grasses and bushes!

Loving this plug-in, and I like both styles for the BG. The black backgrounds are very dramatic and bold, while the included environment adds some interest in a different way IMO.

Jim Caldwell
02-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Very nice - electric!

Mark Fuge
02-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Thanks everyone! Jackie, that is indeed Bob! Mark, I didn't have the luxury of more space around Bob, as he was napping under a low bush that would have been in the frame. Same deal in front and on the sides - he was "hiding" amongst the grasses and bushes!

Loving this plug-in, and I like both styles for the BG. The black backgrounds are very dramatic and bold, while the included environment adds some interest in a different way IMO.

Understand Kerry. I've been there and done that as well.

You might try adding canvas, as the BG is soft, it would be easy to find a matching area to clone. But ...

Your image ... your vision.

Paul Lagasi
02-07-2010, 02:28 PM
That face...cool effect..wonder what it would look like as a portrait...

denise ippolito
02-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Kerry, Really nice fractalius work here. The comp and colors are nice I might clean up the UR corner. Killer eyes!:)

Ákos Lumnitzer
02-09-2010, 03:37 PM
This is REALLY COOL Kerry! Love the eyes, so mesmerizing. And the effect is a nice tweak. :)