PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle, northern NY

Jeff Nadler
01-02-2008, 08:35 PM
http://www.jnphoto.net/beagle-3094.jpg

This is my first post here. Happy New year all and best wishes on this new site.

This bald eagle is one of a dozen wintering on local open waters in eastern New York State. The very limited public access along the water is at a high bluff, where birds fly at eye level. About 90% of full frame. Canon 500mm F4 and 1.4x on 40D, handheld, F7.1

Jody Melanson
01-02-2008, 08:40 PM
This is beautiful Jeff! I like the detail in the topside. My only nit would be the tail looks a little hot?

Welcome to BPN!

Maxis Gamez
01-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Hi Jeff and welcome to BPN.

This is a very nice flight image. The only thing that bothers me is the face against the right wing. The composition works very well.

Fabs Forns
01-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Howdy!!!

<-----------jumps with joy :)

Happy to have you here, you know how much i like you and your work :)

Yes, the tail is a bit hot, easy to fix. The face in the wing does not bother me since it is in the clear.

Wish I had an Eagle like this since my encounters have been very limited.

Can't wait for those Male Harrier images to end up here :D

Alfred Forns
01-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Hi Jeff What a treat !!!!!

Love the color/detail in the wing Bg is just perfect for the eagle !!! Agree on the whites Have been selecting and multiplying Works great !!!! Hoping to see many more Sure like your Excellent images They are a treat !!!!

Blake Shadle
01-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Huge welcome, Jeff!!

Soft light makes for great detail in this image. I think the white face against dark wing makes the face pop a bit more than it would against the gray background. Well composed.

George DeCamp
01-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey Jeff!!

Real nice to see you post!! Real nice you posted this image too, a sweet shot indeed! Who needs Homer! ;)

Arthur Morris
01-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Hey Jeff, Great to see you hear. Thanks for your even-handed comments on the NSN/BPN thread. As for the image, it is lovely. The clean whites are great as is the head perfectly positioned against the far wing.

later and love, artie

Glenn Bartley
01-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Good to see you over here Jeff. Your images are superb and this one is no exception.

Cant wait to see more :)

Terry Eddington
01-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Very nice detail in the eye and top feathers. I'd prefer the right wing lower but I agree it works against the wing. Very impressive capturing a BIF with such spot on focus with the 400MM. What type of metering and focus points did you use for this shot?

Axel Hildebrandt
01-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Hi Jeff, good to see you here. Aside from the fact that it is a great image, there is some noise, but only near the edges of the eagle. Should be easy to fix.

Juan Aragonés
01-03-2008, 03:52 AM
Fantastic Jeff, absolutely fantastic!!!!

D. Robert Franz
01-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Good to see you here Jeff. A fine image indeed, love the comp.. Thie wihites on the tail are bordering but overall outstanding...