PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare! (for some)

Ken Childs
02-06-2010, 11:08 AM
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/BPN/IMG_1136.jpg

Canon EOS REBEL XT
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Manual mode
1/400"
F13
ISO: 200
CS3

Young Cottonmouth.
Image was dark to begin with so I played around with a bit of Orton and came up with this.

Julie Kenward
02-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Yes, I do believe that will do it for me. At first I was hoping maybe I was looking into the mouth of a big fish but I guess I'm not going to be that lucky, am I? :eek:

This is sooooo cool, despite the fact that it will, indeed, give me nightmares (and I was just heading off to take a nap darn you!) I think I'd lighten it just a bit more (the snake, not the BG) and see if you can't bring a little more detail to light. You know...kind of like what I'm going to be seeing in my dreams tonight. :p

Jackie Schuknecht
02-06-2010, 02:35 PM
This is very creepy. I think it would be neat to sharpen the thread in the middle of the eye and the foremost edge of the teeth. That would put it out of bounds for me (in creepiness that is, BTW I hate snakes!)

Patti Edens
02-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Very cool idea and execution! I agree that it needs to be just a tad lighter. I looked before reading and at first thought it was a seashell (much nicer to dream about, I might add). :D After looking a bit more, I saw the teeth and then I read about what I was seeing.:eek:

Arthur Morris
02-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Open interesting mouth and snake but way too dark and flat.... It looks as if it were photographed through a plastic bag. I would love to see a lighter version with more contrast... I am thinking that Orton may have been the wrong way to go with this.

denise ippolito
02-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Interesting angle for this. I agree w/ trying to lighten it. I think you had a great idea and would like to see you try some other effects on it.

Cindy Mead
02-06-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm a fan of snakes, so I find this fascinating (although I'd be too chicken to do this myself!) I'd like to see this a bit brighter overall Ken, but I really like the patterns you captured around the mouth. Very cool :)

Christopher Miller
02-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Very cool idea and spooky! :D I agree with comments on lightening it a little, and I think I'd like to see the details a bit sharper.

kostas nianiopoulos
02-07-2010, 06:30 AM
at last i see some works with out the fractalius in ... this is a great image Ken , i like as it is .. no more light it will keep the horror that u want to give . Well done !!!

Ken Childs
02-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Open interesting mouth and snake but way too dark and flat.... It looks as if it were photographed through a plastic bag. I would love to see a lighter version with more contrast... I am thinking that Orton may have been the wrong way to go with this.
Since the shot was really too dark to begin with, I thought I'd try for a misty, dreamy, nightmarish look so I didn't want all that much detail showing through. I have some better open mouth shots that will show up in the macro forum in the near future. They'll be labeled as what they are so no surprises for the squeamish. :)