PDA

View Full Version : Tire and Rubble

Dave Blinder
02-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Is this the right forum this one?
-----------------------------

How's this look everybody?

B&W conversion in ACR, contrast raised, yellow photo filter applied, no crop.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2726/4334883310_5af2afc0ed_o.jpg

Canon 10-22mm, 7d, handheld, fill flash on the tire

Exposure: 0.02 sec (1/50)
Aperture: f/9.0
Focal Length: 10 mm
Exposure Bias: -2 EV
ISO Speed: 100

Dave Mills
02-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi Dave, Due to the image having a sepia tone it could be a candidate for OOTB but It's OK to leave it here. Interesting comp which I had to study awhile to come up with an opinion. I give you kudos for finding 2 not very interesting subjects and making them into a workable composition. I thought about cropping the image to the right of the little tuft of grass but decided that due to angle of the tire it was pointing to the distance and if cropped would take out that element. Good lighting and very imaginative....

Dave Blinder
02-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi Dave, Due to the image having a sepia tone it could be a candidate for OOTB but It's OK to leave it here. Interesting comp which I had to study awhile to come up with an opinion. I give you kudos for finding 2 not very interesting subjects and making them into a workable composition. I thought about cropping the image to the right of the little tuft of grass but decided that due to angle of the tire it was pointing to the distance and if cropped would take out that element. Good lighting and very imaginative....

Hi Dave, thanks for the very thoughtful response as always.

Maybe I'll go with OOTB for any like images going forward. It didn't strike me at the time, but I think the legible print on the tire really makes this one. As far as cropping to the right, for me it would remove any feeling of desolation on this one.

First time I've ever rolled around a huge tire to make a photo, possibly not the last though :)

Anita Rakestraw
02-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi, Dave, the thumbnail on this caught my eye right away. :) This is a very interesting, moody image involving a tire! It's sharp and has really great tones and your composition & perspectives are perfect, IMO. The sepia is a great choice here! The image is "different" without being way out there, and I like that. More moving around of old tires for photography might be in your future. :D:eek:

Dave Blinder
02-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Thanks so much Anita, I guess we both like "trashy" compositions :)

Robert Amoruso
02-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Dave,

I did not see this image until now, but it is not the right forum. I would suggest this should have been in the Travel and Cityscape, a non-critique forum for nature and non-nature images. This is too much hand of man for the Landscape forum. I am leaving it here since it has been here over a week.

Thanks for posting.