PDA

View Full Version : Palm Tree Abstract

Mark Fuge
02-05-2010, 11:32 PM
This is an abstract of a shot I took at Merritt Island NWR this past week. It is the trunk of a palm that was burned by a controlled fire. I thought the patterns were interesting and wanted to play with it. Soon we will have an abstract week and I needed some practice! ;)

Modifications include; Dry Brush, Ink Outline, Frosted Glass and Poster Edge.

It is shown right side up, but the image can be rotated to any position. I tried them all and liked them all! But it has to be one direction for posting. ;)

Enjoy!

Julie Kenward
02-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Very interesting, Mark! Very nice abstract - I had to look twice to see if it was really a tree trunk or not! I tend to like the darker areas on the bottom to give an image weight so I might be tempted to flip this vertically but, as you said, it can work in all directions! Very creative use of the filters you chose.

Nick Palmieri
02-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Hey Mark, Nice abstract. I agree with Julie's comments. In my opinion, while framing an image looks very nice, its hard to pull off large frames in these forums. With size restrictions I believe the large frame/matt pull interest away from the actual photograph.

Kerry Perkins
02-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Hi Mark, this is interesting and my eye likes to wander around in the image and make different compositions with it. Might be interesting to punch up just the red saturation a bit and see if changes the character at all. You know I like abstracts!

denise ippolito
02-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Mark, Nice looking abstract. The color tones are great. I'm not to fond of the frame. I did a CCW rotation and liked it. I also saw a few faces in there:)

Arthur Morris
02-06-2010, 08:42 PM
I quite like the pattern but the image is lost in the frame...

Mark Fuge
02-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Denise, more "tree faces" to come which are more recognizable. ;)

Kerry, just warming up. I know you will be there when the abstract action starts! Looking forward to it. :D