View Full Version : Plant growing out of pine tree

Markus Jais
02-05-2010, 05:22 PM
One from last autumn.
EOS 40D, EF 3.5/180L, tripod. 1/30, f8, ISO 400

Markus

Julie Kenward
02-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Hi Markus! I like the position of the plant to the tree here but might consider cropping off some from the top to even out the overall composition a bit more. I love the texture of the wood here - especially on the left side of the frame where it is closest to the focal plane and shows up best. Next time, when the wood is this interesting in pattern, try stopping down to f13 or beyond - or reposition the camera to get more of the round tree in the focal plane - so all that beautiful texture comes through across the entire image. Good eye!

Mike Moats
02-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Hey Markus, I like the comp, plant look cool growing out of the tree truck. Like the texture in the trunk, and as Jules points out a higher f/stop would have got you a liitle DOF and the whole trunk would have been nice and sharp.

Aidan Briggs
02-07-2010, 11:58 AM
I love the bright green stem coming out of the rough brown bark. I do agree with Jules and Mike on more DOF.

Anita Bower
02-11-2010, 06:15 PM
The bark of the pine tree is gorgeous--colors, texture, paterns. For me, the green stem detracts from the beautiful wood. :)