Canon 40D
Canon 70-200 f/4 IS @78mm
f/8
1/60
200 ISO
Evaluative Metering
Daylight WB
tripod

The folks at BPN seem to come up with such exciting ideas. I learned of Fractalius from Artie's Blog, and was really excited by Denise's images. So I started playing with the plugin and came up with this image. I was struck by Lance's beautiful image, and I hoped to get suggestions about improving mine.

All the little "squiggles" on the flower arise from hairs -- it's a very hairy flower. Are they distracting? Be a big job cloning them out:)

kostas nianiopoulos
02-05-2010, 06:17 PM
one of the best fractalius i have see.

Bud Cline
02-05-2010, 06:20 PM
I like the effect of the plug-in on this subject - a very pleasing result!

Julie Kenward
02-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Kent, nice work! I have two suggestions for you...

First, I'd crop a bit chunk off the right side so the flower is more offset in the frame.

Second, I'd tone down the magenta in the flower blossom that is hanging down. The other two look perfect (love the hairs!) but this one seems a bit oversaturated.

Very nice overall image...just needs a few minor tweaks and you'll have a really cool floral for your wall.

Kerry Perkins
02-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi Kent! I love the x-ray effect you got with this one. I think all the little "hairs" really add to the image. Makes me think of electrical energy!

Mark Fuge
02-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Nice image and application, Kent.

Like the effect.

I might suggest cropping the right a little, to make the open area about 2 times the width of the left open area. Otherwise it is a great image. But ...

Your image ... your vision.

Jackie Schuknecht
02-06-2010, 02:04 PM
I like the effect and textures brought out in the flower. I'd love to see more separation between the two flowers on the right.

Kent Wilson
02-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks to all for your encouraging responses. Special thanks to Julie and Mark. I will make the changes you suggest. BPN folks are the greatest!

denise ippolito
02-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Kent, This is way cool! I love the colors and the glow. The black BG really makes this pop. I agree w/ Jules regarding the crop. Can't wait to see more.