PDA

View Full Version : Anhinga Returning Home

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-04-2010, 07:54 PM
This was taken at Wakodahatchee last week . The anhingas have been quite busy with nest building and caring for their young. Such beautiful birds especially during the breeding season.

Nikon D#
Nikon 300 mm F2.8
ISO 400
1/200o, F8
manual

All comments are always appreciated. Thanks !!

Marina Scarr
02-04-2010, 09:57 PM
I am a true lover of captures which include the environment. Unfortunately, in this particular capture, I feel that the environment is overpowering your bird...particularly those branches below the bird. I do like the pose of the bird, the movement in the wings and the way they envelop her.

Jeff Parker
02-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Love the bird, unfortunately the background is a little busy.

Joe Senzatimore
02-05-2010, 08:10 AM
I like the way the oof branches frame the subject and give a sence of the habitat as well.

Steve Maxson
02-05-2010, 10:12 AM
An interesting pose, good sharpness, and I like the comp, Judy. I would agree with Joe's comment above.

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Thanks Marina, Jeff , Joe and Steve for your comments. It is always good to get the feed back. Having come from an art background and painting for your years I realize that paintings like photography is all in the eye of the beholder. I tended to paint in a more impressionistic manner and when I am photographing I find that I also lean in that direction as shown in this image. I realize it may not be everyones choice and I do very much appreciate all the comments Again thanks to all.

judylynn

Bonnie Block
02-05-2010, 11:16 AM
I like this one too, Judy. I am much more a fan of enviornmental images. Trees do not bother me at all.
I like the sharp detail and the eye. Wings on these birds have go to be hard to get placed right--and I think this one looks very good!

Mike Godwin
02-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Great braking shot with tail flap down. Love the comp on this one Judy and lighting is wonderful!