PDA

View Full Version : Common Moorhen's Dinner :-)

Petros Petrou
02-21-2008, 04:37 PM
This image was created last summer in a local park in Athens, Greece. I saw this juvenile Moorhen taking a walk, I sat down on the ground and I made a series of images with my 350D.

EF300F4L IS + EF1.4x II, 1/250, f/5.6, ISO 400, handheld.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Arthur Morris
02-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Way cool action. If you had moved back, you would not have clipped the toes--here, clipping the toes is a mortal sin... I suspect that this was a horizontal image... on the left you either need more of the main stem or no main stem at all. Looks a bit muddy and contrasty... Later and love, artie

Axel Hildebrandt
02-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Cool action, pose and eye contact. I would prefer a wider crop if you have to see all toes and more of the plant.

John Cooper
02-21-2008, 11:22 PM
A very interesting composition Petros, but agree about more space needed all around.

Petros Petrou
02-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Arthur is right. This was a horizontal image and I have only cliped from the right to move the bird to the right of the frame. "Moving" the crop of the whole image to the right in order to hide the main stem completely (as he suggests) is the only thing I can do. Perhaps someone could add some canvas to the bottom of the image and "draw" the missing nail, but I am afraid that my PP capabilities are not that advanced :)

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions.

Petros

IvoZafirov
02-22-2008, 02:25 AM
Interesting shot! Toes clippint is the only remark here.