PDA

View Full Version : Chew it up!

Ákos Lumnitzer
02-04-2010, 04:00 AM
I had a little bit of fun one morning a couple of weeks ago with a pair of wild Red-rumped Parrots. This is the female. I was lucky to crawl within 8m of the pair in a grassy yard. Among horses. Lucky the horses didn't trample me. :D Too bad aye? ;) She suddenly started to pull the top of the grass and chew it.

30D, 300/1.4x, ISO400, f/8, 1/800th, 0EC, 430EX (-2/3 EC), 80% full frame, cropped an OOF male from the right. I feel it is a touch tight on top, but am too lazy to add canvas.

arash_hazeghi
02-04-2010, 04:06 AM
Nice Akos, details are good, I like the FG grasses but the BG, especially area above the tail is a bit busy for my taste, would add more space on the top and extend the clipped strands so that they terminate in the frame. Good stuff keep'em coming.

Kiran Poonacha
02-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Nice momemt capture bhai,, nice light too.. would have loved some space on top too bhai.. still like this..

Deborah Hanson
02-04-2010, 10:04 AM
As you mentioned, a bit tight on top but I like the angle the photo was taken at. Following the eye contact, you were able to catch the bird looking at the grass - always a nice detail for me (instead of having the bird look off at nothingness).
Feather sharpness is nice.
It seems as if the grass is dewy in the front grasses(?), if so and mine, I would maybe try to bring that out more. I'm not good with photoshop yet, so I can't tell you if that's possible.

Deb

Morkel Erasmus
02-04-2010, 03:48 PM
nice low angle mate, and love the sparkling (dew??) on her and the grass.

Stu Bowie
02-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Now this really is eye level Bro. Love that eye. No, the horses wouldnt trample you, they know the hand that feeds them.