PDA

View Full Version : Living Farm v.2

Barbara Kile
02-03-2010, 04:37 PM
C&C welcome. My first attempt at using another image for the outdoor scene left me with a few questions:
1) I had difficulty 'cleaning up' the lines in the window. I selected with the polygonal lasso, and for one window the magnetic lasso. I refined the edge (but maybe didn't do it correctly), then hit 'cut.' I cleaned up some with the eraser tool after that. I think I need a Wacom tablet - may be my next purchase!

2) I'm not sure the perspective of the outdoor scene matches the window. With the window being at a funny angle, it's hard to tell.

3) Once I moved the images on top of each other, with the outdoor scene being on the bottom, I used multiply mode. Is that correct?

I did use small files here - not full res, so quality is missing. I thought I'd give this a go and see where I needed to go from here. If the windows are old, should I apply a texture or something to 'roughen up' the outdoor scene a bit? I tried a scratchy texture and wasn't happy with it.

I would love some feedback from the '2 image' gurus out there! Thanks!

denise ippolito
02-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Barbara, This looks very nice. The window framing doesn't seem as much in focus as the last one. I might lighten parts of the frame a bit. The perspective looks fine to me. You can always try the other modes but multiply works nicely.:)

Barbara Kile
02-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks, Denise! For a final version, I would lighten and sharpen more. This one is sort of an 'experiment.'
:)

Christopher Miller
02-03-2010, 09:34 PM
I like it a lot, Barbara! :) Looks very natural and the two scenes complement each other nicely.